Friday, August 31, 2012

August 31st, 2012 - It's working!

The new routine is officially going well.  I've put on at least 2 lbs this week.  Maybe more.  I'm the highest I've weighed since March.  Woot!  And no noticeable increase in bodyfat.  Feels awesomeness.  I should break 180 in a week or two.

I'm hoping to start working on "greasing the groove" with my pullups.  GTG is when you do 50-70% of your max reps of pullups several times throughout the day.  My current max is 9, so I am doing sets of 5 throughout the day.  I'm trying to get at least 6 sets in over the day with a goal of 10 sets.  It's a lot of volume so I'm a bit scared.

Oh, I was able to up my time in Band Assisted Tuck Planche from 5x8s to 6x12s!  The 6th set was a mistake.  Thanks to a rather fun playlist on Songza, I wasn't paying attention well enough.  :)

I worked out today:
10m warmup + handstand work
6x12s Band Assisted Tuck Planch
4x15s Tuck Front Lever
3x8 Dips (+ 5lbs)
8,10,12 BW Curls (rings @ 47", legs bent)
12,12,10 Goblet Squats (43 lbs.)
3x12 High Step Ups (23" + 5 lbs.)

SIDE NOTE: Mrs. Wife lost another 3 lbs. this week.  She's withering away before my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment