I forgot to blog after this workout, so the details are a bit fuzzy.
I remember a few things:
- I got down to a 3" differential between my hands and feet on both ring pushups and ring rows. I finally reached a point where I couldn't do 3x8 in either the pushups or rows. Felt weird.
- I'm almost there with Half-HeSPUs. I call them half, but they're much lower than half in reality. I sit a 1.5" thick cardboard box between my hands and then lower myself until my head lightly touches the box before pushing back up. I should hit 3x8 on my next session on August 8th. Then I'll pull out the box and try to go for full HeSPUs. I assume I will get 3x8 pretty quickly which means it's time to build some parallettes.
- Toes-to-Bars are still hard.
- Fitocracy sometimes scores things strangely. I did the same max number of pullups today as I did on August 1st, yet the scoring was MUCH lower today. I don't know.
- I tried doing High Step Ups instead of Pistols for one set. They're supposed to be a little more taxing on the glutes and hams, but it didn't feel like it to me. I'll try them again soon.
- GHRs are becoming stagnant. I need to build something to hold my feet properly, or just move on to another exercise. :/
I worked out today:
8 Toes to Bar
2x10 Hanging Frog Raise
3x75s RKC Plank
6,7,8 Ring Rows (Rings@38", feet@35")
8,8,7 Ring Pushups (Rings@38", feet@35")
1x10 High Step Ups
2x8 Pistols (only last two reps were ring assisted)
8,8,7 Modified GHRs