Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1st, 2012 - Over 1000 Points? That can't be right.

I didn't think I was doing anything extra-ordinary this morning.  It certainly felt like a normal workout.  But somehow I ended up with over 1000 points (on Fitocracy) for this morning's routine and I didn't even try for it.  It looks like the point values for pull-ups have been bumped up a bit.  Or maybe they haven't changed at all and I've just never seen the point values assigned to nine pullups.

Oh yeah.... I got my NINTH pullup this morning.  I've been stuck at 8 since mid-June.  Unfortunately, I could only get over the bar 9 times on my very first set, but it felt phenomenal.

In addition to my ninth pullup, I was also able to get two sets of 7 Half-HeSPUs.  Previous best: 6. Records are being broken all over this place!  PROGRESS.

So, enough gloating and shit...  here's where I'm having issues: leg raises.  I do not feel comfortable holding my legs in front of me.  So, I've started doing toes-to-bars in order to get my abs stronger through the full abs range of motion.  Once I can get 3x10 on TtB, I'll start working on straight leg raises again.  I will defeat you, abs.

I worked out today:
1x7 Toes-to-Bar
2x10 Hanging Frog Raises
3x60s RKC Plank
9,7,8,4 Pull-ups
7,7,6.5 Half HeSPUs
3x8 BW Curls (rings @ 34", legs bent)
5x5 Ring Dips
3x8 Pistols (Set 1: 8 FS, Set 2: 6 FS, Set 3: 2 FS)
3x8 Modified GHRs  (I need to build a true GHR box.)

No comments:

Post a Comment