Friday, August 17, 2012

August 16th & 17th, 2012 -

The new routine is going well, but I've definitely got some adjustments to make to the programming.  The A routine feels good, though a bit heavy on pushing, but the B routine has far too much pulling.  I've been failing hard on pullups as a result.  To fix these imbalances, I'm doing the following:

  • Swapping A and B routines.  So B on Monday and Thursday, A on Tuesday and Friday
  • Swapping L-sit work and Planche work
  • Dropping down to 2 strength exercises/day
I may drop the Ring pushups too.  Still thinking about that one...  I feel strongest in my chest, so I think it may be beneficial to use that energy towards other weaker areas. 

No matter what changes I make, it's crazy how much better everything feels in my upper back even with so few days put in.  My muscles are working together.  I'm almost standing up straight! And not too much DOMS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment