Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3rd, 2012

My wife recently started working out and calorie counting in order to lose some weight so we can start pushing out little bearded babies. I, on the other hand, am trying to gain weight. This creates an interesting home/mealtime dynamic, so I decided it's time to begin documenting it.

I ate some food today:
5 pieces of bacon
3 eggs
sausage/egg scramble (about 1/4 sausage, 1.5 eggs)
1.5 cups of grapes
16 almonds
1 scoop protein powder
1 pork chop w/roasted grapes and onions
1 salad w/red wine vinaigrette
1 apple
2 small carrots
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 lb of thai coconut lime shrimp
1/2 lb of sweet potato & zucchini hash

I worked out today:
3x8 Hanging Bent Leg Raises
3x60s RKC Planks
2x6,1x5.5,2x4 Close Grip Chinups
2x5,1x4 Half Wall Headstand Pushups
3x8 Ring Rows (rings@32",feet@18")
3x8 Ring Pushups (rings@32")
3x8 (each side) Single Leg Squats (using 1 finger on 1 ring for balance/bottom assist)
3x8 Modified Glute Ham Raise

This is my A routine. I'm focusing on "arms above the head" push/pull, horizontal push/pull, and legs.

B routine focuses on "arms at sides" push/pull, horizontal push/pull, and legs.

C routine focuses on "arms as sides" push/pull and "arms above the head" push/pull.  And legs.  Never forget the legs.

If I'm feeling saucy (read: not sore), I do a skills-based routine on the weekend that includes front lever, back lever, elbow lever, and L-sit work.  I'd like to start working on freestanding handstands too, but I'm scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment