Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13th, 2012 - Vacation Day 3

Mrs. Wife and I arrived in Vermont Wednesday evening and were greeted with smiles, hugs, and a fabulous paleo dinner.  Mrs. Wife's aunt and cousins were ending their vacation as we began ours.  They decided to be awesome and cook us dinner.  And awesome it was.

Our vacation spot is a cabin on one of the Champlain Islands.  Quiet and solitude and relaxation are the words that best describe it here.  There's not a lot to do if you don't want to do much.  If you'd like to visit things and see places and do stuff, there's plenty of that too, but we tend to just sit and read and eat delicious food.

This year's food situation has been a little different because Mrs. Wife is losing weight.  In years past we would eat... well... everything.  Lots of beers.  Sausage gravy + biscuits.  McDonald's for breakfast  when starting the trip to Vermont.  McDonald's for breakfast when starting the trip home.  Lots of chips and dips and ice creams and pies and donuts.

This year, we brought most of our own food.  Not only has this saved us a ton of money, but it's also saved the calories we've eaten.  Sure, we've broken down and purchased a 6 pack of beer, but it's Magic Hat's Summer seasonal!  And we bought some donuts, but only half as many as normal.  And every dinner has been paleo-friendly.  Except for those sandwiches we bought today.  Damn.

Anyway, since I'm trying to gain weight, I've completely given up on tracking anything while I'm here.   I assume I'll be hitting my calorie goals pretty easily since my wife has been going over her golas pretty consistently, and I need 5-700 more daily calories than she does.  I'm still inputting my workouts into Fitocracy, but MyFitnessPal has not seen me in days.

I worked out today:
3x8 Hanging Knee Raises (done from rings support position instead of hanging from bar)
3x60s Plank (Not RKC like normal because I didn't have good padding for my elbows)
3x8 Bodyweight Curls (Rings@48")
3x5 Ring Dips (Holy crap these are hard!)
3x6 Ring Pullups (Haven't worked pullups in a while... Harder than I remember!)
3x5 Half Handstand Pushups (Last rep of sets 2&3 were negatives)
3x8 (each side) Single Leg Squats (first 4 of each set were freestanding!)
10 minutes casual kayaking

No comments:

Post a Comment