Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 26th, 2012 - Back in the Saddle

Worked out this morning for the first time in 9 days.  It was awful.

First: woke up with a mild headache and nearly said "eff it" to the whole thing.  But then I heard Ronnie Coleman in my head saying "everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight."  For some reason that stupid-ass quote motivates me every single time I hear it.

After my first plank, my headache bloomed into a full-blown brain splitter.  After the second plank, I had to bend over with my eyes shut to handle the pain.  But from there on out, everything was fine.

Except it wasn't fine because I've somehow become about half as strong as I used to be.  I blame it on the remnants of the keto flu.  Only 4 pull-ups per set?  A max of 4 ring dips?  Zero freestanding pistols?  WEAK.

Get it together, Hildreth.

I worked out today:
2x8 Hanging Bent Leg Raises from Rings
2x60s RKC Planks
3x8 Bodyweight Curls
1x3,2x4,1x3 Ring Dips
2x6 Regular Dips
7x4 Pull-ups
3x8 Pistols (ring supported)
3x8 Modified GHRs

No comments:

Post a Comment