Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25th, 2012 - Back from Vacation

I've been back from vacation for a few days now and have not yet worked out.  You see, for the last 4 days, I have felt completely and utterly awful.  I was going through what I believe to be the keto/induction flu.  I've dealt with chills, hot flashes, nausea, throbbing headaches, blinding headaches, muscle weakness, stiff joints, and the worst brain fog ever.  Pie, bread, donuts, and cheese are not worth the discomfort I have endured. 


But today, I feel great!  No soreness.  No headache.  I was able to press up my chickens' run without a problem.  I was able to sumo deadlift the chickens' coop without a problem either, despite all of the chickens still being inside.  (Usually this is a test of my strength.)


I'm going to get back at it tomorrow.   No sleeping in for this moi.  I've got about 6 weeks before my self imposed goal of gaining ten pounds and I'm still about eight pounds away from my goal.  I really need to start busting ass.  No more slackin', mister!


Oh, and I worked out once more in VT (July 17th) but forgot to record it:

3x8 Hanging Bent Leg Raise (from ring support, not hanging)
3x60s Plank
3x8 Body Weight Ring Row (rings@27", feet@16")
3x8 Ring Pushups (rings@27", feet@16"  REALLY digging these.)
3x8 Bodyweight Curls
2x4,1x3.5 Ring Dips (These are SO hard, but so rewarding.)
3x8 Single Leg Squats (About half freestanding.)

I can't wait to start doing GHRs again.  I can't wait to do pull-ups on an actual bar, rather than a bastardized ring version.  I can't wait to listen to metal very loudly while working out.

It's going to be wonderful and painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment