Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12, 2012 - COOOOOORE.

I've come to realize that the left side of my core is not engaging nearly as strongly as my right.  I realized it when I tried a pistol squat on my left side and I had to lean over really far to keep balance.  No such thing occurred on my right side.  Today I decided to start doing something about it and did all of my work with the tightest core I could muster.  It seems to be working because I'm sore as hell.

To help with this core thing, I tried a new exercise today: overhead dumbbell squats.  WHOA.  You need to keep everything tight or you fall over.  Hilarious.

I worked out today:
10 minutes warmup + handstands
4x15s Tuck Front Lever
6x8s Band Assisted Tuck Planche - I'm finally starting to understand what I need to do in this move.  It's not any easier or anything, but at least I understand it.
10,10,8 Ring Rows (feet & rings @ 47") - After the first two or three reps, I wasn't getting full lift.  I'm going to stick with this setup for a while longer until I can pull myself up for all 10 reps on all 3 sets.
10,10,8 Ring Pushups (feet & rings @ 47) - I'm now focusing on making sure my forearms don't rest on the rings.  It makes everything MUCH harder.
3x10x30lbs Dumbbell Overhead Squats
12,12,8x15lbs. Dumbbell Step Up (23")
2x5 Chin-ups.  I plan on doing at least 4 more sets when I get home from work.  GTG is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment